The Strong Foundation of Nourse Farms
For 90 years, Nourse Farms has produced and sold premium quality small fruit plants to national and international commercial fruit growers, home gardeners, and resellers. Nourse Farms’ commitment to providing customers with virus-indexed, highly productive plants drives the organization to stay on the cutting edge of the latest developments in the industry. By identifying and testing new varieties and growing techniques, Nourse Farms stands behind its promise to deliver quality.
The Future of Nourse Farms
The berry plant propagation industry is evolving, and Nourse Farms is actively participating in the evolution. We are expanding to meet our growers’ needs, with plans for a state-of-the-art tissue culture lab and greenhouse dedicated to foundation material and a 15-acre greenhouse near Asheville, North Carolina. We are currently recruiting a variety of roles to support the growth of our plants and our business in both locations.
Looking ahead, Nourse Farms is poised for an exciting future in berry propagation, fueled by an infusion of increased capital. This financial boost will enable us to expand our acreage, allowing for a greater volume of high-quality berry production. We plan to invest in cutting-edge technology to enhance consistency and improve yields, ensuring we continue to deliver the premium plants our customers have come to expect. The integration of advanced technology will not only streamline our operations but also enable us to adapt swiftly to changing market demands. Furthermore, we're planning to construct new facilities to support our growth and enhance our production capabilities. As market demand presents itself, we are ready and equipped to answer the call, scaling our operations to meet and exceed expectations. Our commitment to innovation and quality remains unwavering as we embark on this new chapter. With these strategic investments, we aim to solidify our position as a leader in the industry, continuing our legacy of excellence in berry propagation. The future of Nourse Farms is one of growth, innovation, and an unwavering commitment to our customers and the quality of our products. We look forward to sharing this exciting journey with you.
The Value of Being a Part of the Nourse Farms Team
Every member of the Nourse Farms team works toward one common goal: to deliver quality. Whether you’re working in our fields, in our greenhouses, in our packhouses, or in our offices, you contribute to our customers’ success.
Apply for a Position on the Nourse Farms Team
If you are as enthusiastic about delivering quality as we are and want to be part of the team leading growing innovation and customer success, please review our current openings below. To be considered for an open position, simply email your resume to email@example.com with the complete and specific job title in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
Job Title: Equipment Operator
Location: Whately, Massachusetts (Multiple Sites)
Nourse Farms, known for its commitment to delivering premium-quality small fruit plants, seeks a skilled Equipment Operator. This crucial role involves managing and operating our machinery across various Massachusetts sites and is vital for upholding our operational efficiency, safety, and environmental standards.
- Operate Equipment: Safely and expertly operate a range of agricultural equipment, including tractors, harvesters, and pesticide spraying machines.
- Pesticide Application: Apply pesticides in accordance with Massachusetts regulations, ensuring the health and safety of crops, workers, and the environment.
- Routine Checks: Conduct daily equipment inspections to ensure machinery is in optimal working condition.
- Maintenance Coordination: Report equipment malfunctions or damages to the Maintenance Manager promptly for repair coordination.
- Safety and Compliance: Strictly adhere to safety protocols and Massachusetts pesticide application regulations.
- Training: Offer training and insights to team members on proper equipment and pesticide usage as necessary.
- Transportation: Transport equipment between various Massachusetts sites as required.
- Record Keeping: Maintain thorough logs of equipment usage, pesticide applications, hours of operation, and maintenance checks.
- Site Cleanliness: Ensure machinery and equipment storage areas are clean and orderly.
- Continuous Learning: Stay abreast of the latest operating procedures, best practices, and regulations related to equipment operation and pesticide application.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience operating heavy or agricultural equipment.
- Valid Massachusetts Pesticide Spray License.
- Valid driver's license with a clean driving record.
- Strong knowledge of safety protocols and Massachusetts pesticide application regulations.
- Ability to troubleshoot basic equipment problems.
- Flexibility to work under varying weather conditions and adapt to changing schedules.
- Willingness to travel between sites in Massachusetts.
To apply, simply email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include "Equipment Operator" in the subject line.
Job Title: Head Grower—Farm/Nursery—Soil-Based Propagation
Location: Whately, Massachusetts
We're seeking a dedicated Head Grower to steer our team, predominantly in soil-based propagation at our Whately, Massachusetts and Pasco, Washington locations. This pivotal role demands both on-site leadership in Massachusetts and periodic travel to our Pasco site, especially during the crucial phases of planting, digging, and packing raspberries and asparagus.
- Propagation Leadership: Direct and monitor every stage of soil-based propagation, ensuring processes comply with our protocols, resulting in robust plants.
- Team Guidance: Lead the farm team, ensuring they receive instruction, mentorship, and a high proficiency in propagation practices.
- Resource Optimization: Collaborate with the Whatley General Manager to allocate resources efficiently, aiming to maximize propagation processes and achieve production goals.
- Data Analysis: Launch data capture methods for tracking propagation efficiency and growth rates. Utilize this data to identify trends and make informed decisions to bolster propagation outcomes.
- Quality Assurance: Implement rigorous quality checks, ensuring propagated plants meet our quality standards. Address concerns like pests, diseases, or other hazards promptly.
- Documentation: Maintain detailed records of propagation activities, covering plant schedules, inventory, and quality assessments.
- Pesticide Management: Retain an active pesticide applicator's license, apply pesticides safely, and adhere to all relevant regulations.
- Safety Advocacy: Promote the well-being of all staff by endorsing adherence to safety protocols and nurturing a safety-first culture.
- Progressive Development: Regularly identify areas for improvement, advocating innovative solutions to uplift farm operations.
- Performance Reporting: Diligently report on weekly, monthly, and quarterly KPIs, ensuring the alignment and achievement of departmental targets.
- Site Collaboration: Travel to and collaborate with our Pasco, Washington soil-based propagation site several times a year, especially during planting, digging, and packing of raspberries and asparagus.
- Bachelor's degree in Horticulture, Agriculture, Plant Science, or a related field.
- Three to five years of hands-on experience in soil-based propagation and farm management.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with a history of managing teams.
- Deep understanding of plant propagation techniques.
- A valid pesticide applicator's license.
- Stellar organizational and communication skills.
- Proficient in data collection, analysis, and meticulous record-keeping.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic agricultural setting with shifting priorities.
- Problem-solving prowess, especially when under pressure.
- A staunch commitment to sustainable and eco-friendly farming methods.
- Competitive salary matching expertise.
- Comprehensive health and dental insurance.
- Retirement savings scheme with company matching.
- Generous PTO and holiday offerings.
- Continuous professional development and training opportunities.
- A harmonious, growth-centric work atmosphere.
If you're a visionary in agricultural practices, armed with exceptional leadership, intricate knowledge of soil-based propagation, and hold an active pesticide applicator's license, we urge you to join our team as the Head Grower. With your expertise, we aim to elevate agriculture and champion eco-friendly farming. Embark on this journey with us; let's shape the future, one seed at a time.
To apply, simply email your resume to email@example.com and include "Head Grower – Farm/Nursery – Soil-Based Propagation" in the subject line.
Job Title: Logistics Manager
Location: Whately, Massachusetts
Nourse Farms, renowned for producing top-quality small fruit plants, is on a mission to further streamline our logistical framework. We are seeking a proactive Logistics Manager who can lead our transportation coordination efforts, with a keen focus on route optimization and the integration of new mapping software.
- Transportation Coordination: Oversee and manage both inbound and outbound transportation of goods, ensuring timely and efficient delivery.
- Route Coordination: Plan and optimize transportation routes, ensuring the quickest and most cost-effective paths are always taken.
- Software Integration: Implement, manage, and optimize new mapping software to enhance our logistical efficiency. Provide training for team members on new systems.
- Vendor Relations: Build and maintain strong relationships with transportation providers, negotiating contracts and rates for optimal service and cost-efficiency.
- Export/Import Compliance: Ensure all export and import activities adhere to global shipping regulations, with all required documentation being correctly prepared and filed.
- Outbound Coordination: Manage the dispatch and delivery of products to customers or other sites as per schedule.
- Inbound Coordination: Collaborate with vendors to ensure timely and efficient delivery of goods to our facilities.
- Cost Management: Develop and manage the logistics budget, with a keen focus on ensuring cost-effective solutions in transportation.
- Team Leadership: Mentor and lead the logistics team, fostering open communication and ensuring coordination in transportation activities.
- Continuous Improvement: Regularly assess logistical processes and procedures, making improvements where necessary and keeping up with industry best practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, Logistics, Supply Chain, or a related field. Master’s degree is a plus.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in logistics, with a specific focus on transportation coordination.
- Experience with mapping and route optimization software.
- Comprehensive understanding of export and import regulations and documentation.
- Exceptional negotiation skills.
- Ability to adapt to new technologies and software swiftly.
- Strong problem-solving skills with an ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
To apply, simply email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include "Logistics Manager" in the subject line.
Job Title: Maintenance Manager
Location: Whately, Massachusetts (Multiple Sites)
Nourse Farms, a leader in the production and distribution of high-quality small fruit plants, is seeking a highly motivated and skilled Maintenance Manager to oversee all maintenance operations across our Massachusetts sites. The Maintenance Manager will play a pivotal role in ensuring that our facilities and equipment are maintained to the highest standard, maximizing productivity and safety.
- Oversee Maintenance Operations: Manage the day-to-day maintenance tasks across all facilities in Massachusetts, including mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and other general maintenance needs.
- Team Leadership: Directly supervise a team of maintenance technicians, contractors, and other staff; providing training, scheduling, and performance evaluations.
- Preventive Maintenance: Develop, implement, and monitor a preventive maintenance program for all equipment and facilities.
- Budget Management: Oversee the maintenance budget, including approving expenditures and identifying cost-saving opportunities.
- Oversee and coordinate all activities related to snow and ice removal across various sites in Massachusetts, ensuring timely and effective clearing for safety and accessibility.
- Manage teams, resources, and equipment efficiently, while ensuring adherence to relevant policies, standards, and regulations, and maintaining clear communication with stakeholders and team members.
- Safety Protocols: Ensure that all work is performed in accordance with company safety policies and OSHA regulations.
- Quality Assurance: Conduct regular site inspections to assess the quality and effectiveness of maintenance work.
- Record Keeping: Maintain meticulous records relating to maintenance operations, including but not limited to, work orders, inventory levels, and personnel records.
- Vendor Management: Negotiate contracts with external vendors and service providers.
- Project Management: Plan and oversee larger maintenance projects, ensuring they are completed on time and within budget.
- Communication: Serve as the primary point of contact for maintenance-related inquiries and emergencies.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, Facilities Management, or related field preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in maintenance management.
- Experience in agricultural or plant production environments is a plus.
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and maintenance management software.
- Ability to travel to multiple sites within Massachusetts.
To apply, simply email your resume to email@example.com and include "Maintenance Manager" in the subject line.
Job Title: Maintenance Technician
Job Status: Full Time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports to: Maintenance Manager
Job Type: Regular
Amount of Travel Required: None
Work Schedule: Monday–Friday
Positions Supervised: 0
Nourse Farms is a leading player in the plant propagation industry, known for their commitment to excellence in providing high-quality plant stock. Nourse Farms is seeking a diligent and hands-on Maintenance Technician to join our dynamic team. As a Maintenance Technician, you'll work closely with the Maintenance Manager to ensure that our facilities and equipment are in optimal condition, furthering our mission of providing high-quality small fruit plants.
Reasonable Accommodation Statement:
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Routine Maintenance: Execute daily checks and carry out routine maintenance tasks on machinery, equipment, and facilities.
- Respond to Breakdowns: Quickly respond to and diagnose faults and breakdowns, taking corrective actions to minimize downtime.
- Follow Maintenance Schedules: Adhere to preventive maintenance schedules set by the Maintenance Manager to proactively maintain all equipment.
- Document Work: Maintain detailed records of all maintenance work performed, including parts used and time spent.
- Safety Compliance: Ensure all work is done in compliance with company safety policies and relevant regulations. Use personal protective equipment (PPE) as required.
- Tool Maintenance: Maintain, clean, and store tools and equipment in an orderly and safe manner.
- Support Larger Projects: Assist in bigger maintenance projects as directed by the Maintenance Manager.
- Provide Feedback: Regularly provide feedback on potential improvements or concerns regarding equipment and facilities.
- Continuous Learning: Keep up to date with the latest maintenance techniques and best practices, attending workshops or training courses as necessary.
- Other Duties: Perform other maintenance-related tasks as assigned by the Maintenance Manager.
- High School diploma or equivalent; technical certification is a plus.
- Two (2) or more years of experience in a maintenance role, preferably in agricultural or plant production environments.
- Basic understanding of mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems.
- Ability to work with a variety of hand and power tools safely.
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Must be willing to work in varying weather conditions.
- Ability to work outdoors in various weather conditions.
- Physical ability to perform tasks such as climbing ladders, lifting 50 lb., bending, and operating equipment.
- Eagerness to contribute to a dynamic and collaborative team.
To apply, simply email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include "Maintenance Technician—Whately, MA" in the subject line.