The Strong Foundation of Nourse Farms
For 90 years, Nourse Farms has produced and sold premium quality small fruit plants to national and international commercial fruit growers, home gardeners, and resellers. Nourse Farms’ commitment to providing customers with virus-indexed, highly productive plants drives the organization to stay on the cutting edge of the latest developments in the industry. By identifying and testing new varieties and growing techniques, Nourse Farms stands behind its promise to deliver quality.
The Future of Nourse Farms
The berry plant propagation industry is evolving, and Nourse Farms is actively participating in the evolution. We are expanding to meet our growers’ needs, with plans for a state-of-the-art tissue culture lab and greenhouse dedicated to foundation material and a 15-acre greenhouse near Asheville, North Carolina. We are currently recruiting a variety of roles to support the growth of our plants and our business in both locations.
Looking ahead, Nourse Farms is poised for an exciting future in berry propagation, fueled by an infusion of increased capital. This financial boost will enable us to expand our acreage, allowing for a greater volume of high-quality berry production. We plan to invest in cutting-edge technology to enhance consistency and improve yields, ensuring we continue to deliver the premium plants our customers have come to expect. The integration of advanced technology will not only streamline our operations but also enable us to adapt swiftly to changing market demands. Furthermore, we're planning to construct new facilities to support our growth and enhance our production capabilities. As market demand presents itself, we are ready and equipped to answer the call, scaling our operations to meet and exceed expectations. Our commitment to innovation and quality remains unwavering as we embark on this new chapter. With these strategic investments, we aim to solidify our position as a leader in the industry, continuing our legacy of excellence in berry propagation. The future of Nourse Farms is one of growth, innovation, and an unwavering commitment to our customers and the quality of our products. We look forward to sharing this exciting journey with you.
The Value of Being a Part of the Nourse Farms Team
Every member of the Nourse Farms team works toward one common goal: to deliver quality. Whether you’re working in our fields, in our greenhouses, in our packhouses, or in our offices, you contribute to our customers’ success.
Apply for a Position on the Nourse Farms Team
If you are as enthusiastic about delivering quality as we are and want to be part of the team leading growing innovation and customer success, please review our current openings below. To be considered for an open position, simply email your resume to email@example.com with the complete and specific job title in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
Job Title: Logistics Manager
Location: Whately, Massachusetts
Nourse Farms, renowned for producing top-quality small fruit plants, is on a mission to further streamline our logistical framework. We are seeking a proactive Logistics Manager who can lead our transportation coordination efforts, with a keen focus on route optimization and the integration of new mapping software.
- Transportation Coordination: Oversee and manage both inbound and outbound transportation of goods, ensuring timely and efficient delivery.
- Route Coordination: Plan and optimize transportation routes, ensuring the quickest and most cost-effective paths are always taken.
- Software Integration: Implement, manage, and optimize new mapping software to enhance our logistical efficiency. Provide training for team members on new systems.
- Vendor Relations: Build and maintain strong relationships with transportation providers, negotiating contracts and rates for optimal service and cost-efficiency.
- Export/Import Compliance: Ensure all export and import activities adhere to global shipping regulations, with all required documentation being correctly prepared and filed.
- Outbound Coordination: Manage the dispatch and delivery of products to customers or other sites as per schedule.
- Inbound Coordination: Collaborate with vendors to ensure timely and efficient delivery of goods to our facilities.
- Cost Management: Develop and manage the logistics budget, with a keen focus on ensuring cost-effective solutions in transportation.
- Team Leadership: Mentor and lead the logistics team, fostering open communication and ensuring coordination in transportation activities.
- Continuous Improvement: Regularly assess logistical processes and procedures, making improvements where necessary and keeping up with industry best practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, Logistics, Supply Chain, or a related field. Master’s degree is a plus.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in logistics, with a specific focus on transportation coordination.
- Experience with mapping and route optimization software.
- Comprehensive understanding of export and import regulations and documentation.
- Exceptional negotiation skills.
- Ability to adapt to new technologies and software swiftly.
- Strong problem-solving skills with an ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
To apply, simply email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include "Logistics Manager" in the subject line.
Job Title: Maintenance Technician
Job Status: Full Time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports to: Maintenance Manager
Job Type: Regular
Amount of Travel Required: None
Work Schedule: Monday–Friday
Positions Supervised: 0
Nourse Farms is a leading player in the plant propagation industry, known for their commitment to excellence in providing high-quality plant stock. Nourse Farms is seeking a diligent and hands-on Maintenance Technician to join our dynamic team. As a Maintenance Technician, you'll work closely with the Maintenance Manager to ensure that our facilities and equipment are in optimal condition, furthering our mission of providing high-quality small fruit plants.
Reasonable Accommodation Statement:
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Routine Maintenance: Execute daily checks and carry out routine maintenance tasks on machinery, equipment, and facilities.
- Respond to Breakdowns: Quickly respond to and diagnose faults and breakdowns, taking corrective actions to minimize downtime.
- Follow Maintenance Schedules: Adhere to preventive maintenance schedules set by the Maintenance Manager to proactively maintain all equipment.
- Document Work: Maintain detailed records of all maintenance work performed, including parts used and time spent.
- Safety Compliance: Ensure all work is done in compliance with company safety policies and relevant regulations. Use personal protective equipment (PPE) as required.
- Tool Maintenance: Maintain, clean, and store tools and equipment in an orderly and safe manner.
- Support Larger Projects: Assist in bigger maintenance projects as directed by the Maintenance Manager.
- Provide Feedback: Regularly provide feedback on potential improvements or concerns regarding equipment and facilities.
- Continuous Learning: Keep up to date with the latest maintenance techniques and best practices, attending workshops or training courses as necessary.
- Other Duties: Perform other maintenance-related tasks as assigned by the Maintenance Manager.
- High School diploma or equivalent; technical certification is a plus.
- Two (2) or more years of experience in a maintenance role, preferably in agricultural or plant production environments.
- Basic understanding of mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems.
- Ability to work with a variety of hand and power tools safely.
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Must be willing to work in varying weather conditions.
- Ability to work outdoors in various weather conditions.
- Physical ability to perform tasks such as climbing ladders, lifting 50 lb., bending, and operating equipment.
- Eagerness to contribute to a dynamic and collaborative team.
To apply, simply email your resume to email@example.com and include "Maintenance Technician—Whately, MA" in the subject line.